Northeast Texas Panhandle Beef Conference set for Sept. 7 in Lipscomb
August 24, 2023
The Northeast Texas Panhandle Beef Conference will be hosted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service on Sept. 7 at the Wolf Creek Heritage Museum in Lipscomb.
The program will begin at 1:30 p.m. Registration is $10 and payable at the door.
“After several years of drought and selling off some or all of their livestock, area ranchers need to prepare for rebuilding their herds,” said J.R. Sprague, AgriLife Extension agriculture and natural resources agent for Lipscomb County. “Our speakers will talk about the best time to restock as well as the options for purchasing new females.”
On the agenda
Topics and speakers will be:
– When to Restock After the Drought, Jason Smith, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension beef cattle specialist, Amarillo.
– Buying Replacements: Cows or Heifers? Smith.
– Economics of Buying Replacement Cows or Heifers, DeDe Jones, AgriLife Extension risk management specialist, Amarillo.
– Raising Replacement Heifers, Smith.
– Economics of Raising Replacement Heifers, Jones.
For more information, contact the AgriLife Extension county offices in Lipscomb, 806-862-4601; Hemphill, 806-323-9114; Hansford, 806-659-4130; Ochiltree, 806-435-4501; or Roberts, 806-868-3191.