Multi-county Southwest Texas Soil Testing Campaign set for Oct. 16-Nov. 2
October 13, 2023
The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service is hosting the Southwest Texas Soil Testing Campaign event Oct. 16-Nov. 2 at agency offices in Uvalde, Dimmit, Frio, Kinney, Medina and Zavala counties.
The event will allow landowners to send soil samples to the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Soil, Water and Forage Testing Laboratory to be analyzed at a reduced price. Tests include routine analysis and testing for micronutrients.
The cost for the routine analysis will be $8 and the cost for a test including micronutrients analysis will be $12. Only cash payments will be accepted.
Soil testing sample bag availability
Landowners will be able to pick up soil sample bags, instructions and forms at AgriLife Extension offices at these locations:
- Dimmit County: 539 Industrial Blvd, Carrizo Springs.
- Frio County: 400 S. Pecan St., Pearsall.
- Kinney County: 117 Ranch Road 693, Brackettville.
- Medina County: 1506 Ave. M, Hondo.
- Uvalde County: 122 Veterans Lane, Uvalde.
- Zavala County: 221 N. 1st Ave., Crystal City.
Landowners will be notified by their local AgriLife Extension agents when the results are ready to be picked up.